Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Baby This Week: 33 Weeks Pregnant

Jellybean is now 33 weeks! She is 31 weeks fetal age. And, she is killin' mama! She is a big baby and we are due for a growth ultrasound right after Christmas on the 27th. I can't wait to see her again! We haven't seen her on an ultrasound since 22 weeks. Most people never get another ultrasound though so this is a blessing in disguise. I just pray that everything checks out just fine!

This week has been hard with the pregnancy. I went to the ER Saturday because I thought my water broke. We are still not sure what it was. I went to the doctor for an emergency visit yesterday because I started having regular cramping and severe back pain. We're still not sure what that is from because I am not dilated and my cervix is closed and they weren't Braxton Hicks contractions. So, they gave me a muscle relaxer prescription. I didn't have the courage to tell my doctor that I am anti-medicine. I hate taking any pain med, etc. 

With that being said, I am still on the fence about an epidural. I know it's going to hurt! But, I am wondering if I really do want a needle to my delicate spinal cord or not. I am just not too happy even as a medical person, with needles. And, I think people over-abuse medication personally. 

Here's to week 33! Christmas time! The jellybean is now anywhere from 4lbs to 5lbs, and over 17" in length. When she is active, it hurts! She is a strong kicker and has a strong heartbeat. Doctor has put mama on pelvic rest for now because she's been so dehydrated. We are hoping this'll be lifted after the ultrasound. 

Only 4 more weeks until full term! January 17th, 2012 will be our full term date. If little one can hang in there until then, she has all the rights to come any time after that! Mama is ready for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment